Saturday, September 26, 2009

SolView 0.47

One of the things I've been trying to do with SolView is to provide a user with multiple views of a Solaris system from all angles. I'm not going to claim I've succeeded, but I've released another SolView update with a couple of new features.

The first is to add charts from JKstat that show behaviour over time - visible in the processor and network view. I've put quite a bit into the chart support in JKstat, and was pleased that it was so easy to use it to add charts to SolView. (It's not entirely perfect - it would be nice if the colors in the cpu chart matched the cpustate widget, for example. And it's a shame that I don't collect history so that each time you look at a chart it starts from scratch.)

The second is a Process view from JProc. Which is what I wrote JProc for in the first place.

Apart from that there's the usual raft of bugfixes, and there's a little more polish. Enjoy!

3 comments:

tttt said...

Trying to use explorer->processes, I get:
..
[lisa] ~/bin/solview-0.47 $ ./solview
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: uk/co/petertribble/jproc/demo/JPinfoPanel
at uk.co.petertribble.solview.explorer.SysInfoPanel.display(SysInfoPanel.java:91)
at uk.co.petertribble.solview.explorer.SysPanel.setInfo(SysPanel.java:78)
at uk.co.petertribble.solview.explorer.SysPanel.access$000(SysPanel.java:17)
at uk.co.petertribble.solview.explorer.SysPanel$1.valueChanged(SysPanel.java:54)
at javax.swing.JTree.fireValueChanged(JTree.java:2820)
.......

The rest is working OK (OpenSolaris build 124).

Peter Tribble said...

That's very much an Oops. Running 'solview explorer' on its own will work fine; I'll get an updated (fixed) version out later.

Peter Tribble said...

Sorry about that; 0.48 is now available and fixes that error. (It really should have been picked up in my testing.)