Monday, March 02, 2009

Jangle

One of the comments I got yesterday was that my new Java SNMP browser didn't work on Ubuntu. That wasn't entirely a surprise - with such a rough first cut I was astonished that it worked at all, even for me.

But anyway, that was easy enough to fix and I've released a new version that does run on Ubuntu (verified under 8.10) and that ought to me more sane and portable generally. One thing I need to work out is where the MIB files tend to be found on different systems.

I've renamed it to Jangle. It's possible to think of this as

Java Assistant for Networked Graphs that's, Like, Easy

but I wouldn't want you to read too much into it. Really.

Download, and run ./jangle browser

(The new name has more zip, is less generic, and less likely to conflict with other tools.)

No comments: