Sunday, February 26, 2006

Vanished...

After a nice weekend away I'm wondering where my machine at work has got to.

It was fine when I left it on Thursday, but sometime Friday afternoon it vanished without trace. Can't log in. Can't ping it. No nothing.

I can get into my other machine (that I use for OpenSolaris testing) just fine. That's connected into the same switch, powered off the same extension lead. So it's not a network or power problem.

Oh well, I guess I'll find out what hapened to it when I get in to the office tomorrow.

2 comments:

Peter Tribble said...

Dang. Looks like a failed fan. The error logs in the bios say so, and if I try and boot it it powers itself off in short order.

So there's a new fan on the way, when that arrives I'll open up the case and fit it.

Peter Tribble said...

Yay! Sun sent me out a new fan, and the machine is back in action.

There was a lot of fuss about upgrading the BIOS, but I seem to have the latest available anyway, so I don't have to worry about that.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...